POLITICS

Explosive: Biden’s Pentagon Chief Overrode His Direct Orders

According to a newly obtained memo, the National Guard chief of bureau attempted to withdraw 2,280 troops from the nation’s capital, but Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, who was nominated by Biden, was overruled.

According to the memo obtained by Fox News, National Guard chief Daniel R. Hokanson, a four-star general and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wanted the troops to be withdrawn due to mission “overstretch” and the “indefinite existence” of the D.C. security mission.

The National Guard chief’s memo said, “I am worried that the continued indefinite existence of this requirement may also hinder our ability to man future missions as both adjutants general and guardsmen alike may be cautious about committing to future endeavors.”

In addition, the general expressed concern about sustaining even lower troop levels in Washington, D.C.

The memo said, “Efforts to date have failed to secure enough volunteers among supporting states to meet the USCP request of 2,280 soldiers, nor Option B of 1000 soldiers.”

The National Guard chief expressed concern that his troops were already “over-stretched due to coronavirus restrictions, civil disturbances, and wildfires,” according to the paper. Gillian Anderson of Fox News obtained a copy of the memo, which reads as follows:

The Pentagon was considering issuing involuntary activation orders to hold National Guard troops in the capital, according to reports released on Tuesday.

“The deliberation on mandatory reservist activation comes only one day after Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced that, in response to a request from Capitol Police, he would extend the National Guard troop’s time stationed at the U.S. Capitol until May 28,” Fox News reported, citing a McClatchy scoop.


This item sells for $39.95 on Amazon. Today's special promotion is offering a massive discount on this item. President Trump 2020 Coin (Gold & Silver Plated) - Claim 1 Free OR Claim a Discount + Free Shipping This coin is a symbol of President Trump's victory and success. Get Coin HERE Or Click on the image bellow.

The Pentagon refused to rule out the possibility of troops remaining in Washington on a permanent basis.

Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby told Fox News, “I don’t think anyone can answer that question right now.”

The militarization of the nation’s capital stands in sharp contrast to the Electoral College session of Congress on January 6th, which led to the expected storming of the Capitol Building.

In Congressional testimony in March, Major General William J. Walker, the commanding general of the D.C. National Guard, stated that capitol security had been intentionally compromised by civilian officials due to supposed fears about “optics.”

Furthermore, the commanding general stated that such issues were “unusual” and had never been expressed during previous civil unrest in Washington, D.C.

The testimony of former House Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving corroborated Speaker Pelosi’s role in the delays in approving National Guard troops.

The National Guard’s ability to organize and prepare for the protests was restricted by the Pentagon, according to the Washington Post. At the order of President Trump, 10,000 National Guard troops will be deployed at the White House.

“Former President Trump told Fox News late Sunday that days before last month’s deadly protests, he expressed concern about the crowd size near the Capitol and personally demanded 10,000 National Guard troops be mobilized in response,” according to Fox News.

Although claiming to have debunked the president’s call for more National Guard troops on Tuesday, the Washington Post actually supports it. The nugget is tucked into a report entitled “Trump wrongly says he’requested’ 10,000 troops rejected by Pelosi,” by WaPo fact-checker Glenn Kessler.

According to a former U.S. official familiar with the situation, “[Acting Defense Secretary Christopher] Miller and other senior Pentagon officials never relayed the 10,000 number to someone outside the Defense Department.”

“We didn’t act on it because they didn’t think a force of that magnitude would be required based on meetings with federal and local law enforcement leadership,” the former official said.

The Pentagon buried the request and took no action in response to it.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button